Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cakes, and more cakes...


I am so thankful that I have had more opportunities of late to create custom cakes. If you hadn't noticed, my "regular posting" has been a bit scarce these days. Oh, I'm still cooking and baking up a storm, but with kids under foot and cake orders to fulfill, sometimes the step by step photo's have to go by the wayside and the family is lucky to get a fork, let alone a fab little garnish of parsley, to grace their plates. Decorating cakes, though, is what I love to do most. Sure, it can be quite stressful, and I've had my share of mishaps, but I try and learn from those, and move on.


I made this John Deere themed cake last week, complete with farm animals, to grace the little carrot cake cuppies. The tractor was made from Rice Krispy treats covered in fondant. The animals, corn and carrots were all fondant.


This was a red velvet bridal shower cake with an Italian meringue buttercream, complete with fondant bow and real red roses.


My little one turned 4 this summer and all she can think of day and night is Tinkerbell. So naturally, kidlet got what she wanted...



For a surprise birthday party I created a 2 foot long carved Miller Lite bottle out of chocolate cake, covered in buttercream and fondant. I hand painted the logo onto the fondant with food coloring.


A sweet little girl turned 2 and her very favorite little guy in the world is Elmo. This was also red velvet.


I made some little Elmo's to go with the cake, as well as her name out of fondant to top cupcakes that surrounded the cake.



Another wanted a bustier cake for his wife's surprise birthday party. This, too, was about 2 ft long. Covered in buttercream and the bustier fashioned out of fondant.


How I loved to make this vanilla bean cake with Italian meringue buttercream for a Marine Boot Camp graduate! All the stars and rope are fondant painted in an edible gold glaze.


There are many, many more. I don't always have time to snap a good photo, but I at least try to get something before it leaves my kitchen!

Thanks everyone, for following my too few posts... I appreciate all of you! I have some wonderful recipes coming up, so stay tuned!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

Those cakes are cute!

Rosa said...

You are so very very talented!

Barbara Bakes said...

Great job on all of these. Such fun impressive cakes. I especially love the tractor and farm animals.

Unknown said...

Your cakes are so cute!!! I especially love the John Deere one with all the farm animals and corn. It made me laugh. I LOVE it!

SMITH BITES said...

oh my, these are lovely, fun, cute!! i do not have the patience nor the talent for this kind of work but am soooo appreciative of those of you who do!!

RJ Flamingo said...

You really have it going on, Jed! I love all the cute widdle animals! You've definitely hit your stride, girl! xox

Elle said...

Gorgeous work, Janet!

Dragon said...

You are a supa-star!

kat said...

Such beautiful work!

Megan said...

They are all beautiful cakes and that tractor one is super adorable! I would love to serve that lovely bow cake at a Christmas dinner!

Proud Italian Cook said...

Janet you're so awesome! My little granddaughter adores tinkerbell I just love that cake you created!

Deeba PAB said...

You are are so seriously talented, I love ya girl! WOW...look at them cakes Ednaaaaaaaaaaah! I am so PROUD of you! WOW!! xoxoxo